Each year, the Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce along with local businesses offer bursary awards ($500.00 each) to local high school students pursuing a post-secondary education and who require financial assistance in meeting education costs.
Applicants are required to complete an application form and submit documentation to verify financial need. A selection committee made up of members of the Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce will review all applicants based on the criteria described on the application form.
Information submitted will be held in the strictest confidence and viewed only by the Greater Fort Erie Bursary Awards Selection Committee. Only those receiving a bursary award will be notified.
• The Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce Bursary Award will be awarded to a high school student from the Greater For t Erie area who is looking to further his/her education at a post-secondary institution (college or university) and has demonstrated financial need.
• Applicants MUST document financial need by completing a bursary application form and signed declaration.
• Applicants MUST submit a short essay on the impact that the Town of Fort Erie has had on their life & why this bursary is important to them.
• Applicants MUST be a resident of the Greater Fort Erie area.
• Applicants MUST supply a copy of their most-recent Ontario Secondary School Transcript and attach to the bursary award application form.
• Applicants MUST include TWO reference one school & one personal (employer, volunteer supervisor, neighbour, parish)
• Applicants MUST be enrolled in a full or part-time post-secondary program.
• Applications which do not clearly meet these criteria will not be reviewed. Please Note: The final criteria and application details will be developed further by the Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce Bursary Selection Committee.
• Completed applications are be to submitted to the Bursary Selection Committee c/o The Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce, 660 Garrison Road, Unit 6, Fort Erie, ON L2A 6E2 no later than 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 19, 2018.
• All applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
• Four (4) recipients will be selected and notified by the Greater Fort Erie Chamber of Commerce.
• A copy of proof of registration from a post-secondary institute MUST be submitted before any monies are forwarded to the recipient.
2018 application deadline is Friday, April 27th at 12:00 p.m.